After the unfortunate cancellation of the Communion on Wednesday at St Catharine’s (because of a flood at the Rectory (we’re fine now!)), the first communion service that we’ll have following lockdown will now be at St Mary’s at 11.30am on Sunday 16th August – please note the change from our usual time.
The following Wednesday, 19th August, St Catharine’s will host a communion at 10.15am.
The service schedule over the next few weeks is provisionally as follows – alternate Sundays at St Catharine’s and St Mary’s, but always at 11.30am. Alternate midweek services at St Catharine’s (10.15am on Wednesdays) and St Mary’s (10am on Tuesdays), to allow for the 72 hour gap between services that we’re required to leave. This is subject to ongoing vestry agreement.
All this is summed up here (all services are Said Eucharists):
- Sunday 16th August – St Mary’s, 11.30am
- Wednesday 19th August – St Catharine’s, 10.15am
- Sunday 23rd August – St Catharine’s, 11.30am
- Tuesday 26th August – St Mary’s, 10am
- Sunday 30th August – St Mary’s, 11.30am
- Wednesday 2nd September – St Catharine’s, 10.15am
- Sunday 6th September – St Catharine’s, 11.30am
- Tuesday 8th September – St Mary’s, 10am
- Face coverings are now compulsory in acts of worship
- Communion will be in one kind only (just the bread) – hygiene and distancing rules will be strictly followed.
- Both churches are operating one way systems – please enter via the church door, the hall door is the exit.
- The seats will be set out in a socially distanced manner – please sit as you are directed to on arrival. Capacity in the church is limited, but both churches are able to use the hall if further people arrive. We are not currently operating a booking system, but may need to revisit this soon.
- You are welcome, of course, to attend services at either church and visitors are very much welcome.